We’ve all heard about it. We’ve all seen it. Many of us use it in our personal lives. Social media has redefined how we use the Internet and for most B2B organizations, this means changing the way we market ourselves.
It may be hard to believe that there is an audience for your professional company on the same website where Ashton Kutcher shares his every thought to millions of fans –– but the reality is that social media is not only here to say, it’s proven highly useful for small and large businesses.
Take a look at the stats:
- In March 2010, Facebook surpassed Google as the most visited website on the Internet.
- Over 400 million people use Facebook each day.
- Over 1.5 million local businesses have active fan pages.
- An average user spends over 7 hours each month on Facebook.
- More than 20 million people become fans of pages every day.
- The number of Twitter users grew to 100 million in 2011.
- In 2011 1 billion Tweets were sent per week.
- 43% of Twitter usage is on mobile devices (people update anywhere, anytime).
- The professional networking site LinkedIn covers over 200 countries and territories worldwide.
- There are over 135 million LinkedIn members worldwide; an estimated 1 million new members join each week.
- 75% of Fortune 500 companies use LinkedIn as their primary source to find employees.