In a recent blog post, I explained why businesses in the construction trades should have a presence on Houzz. You read it and followed my advice, right?
Good. Because now, grasshopper, you're ready for my PMG Power Tip: The Houzz Welcome Page.
OK, let's back up. On your Houzz public profile, there's a website link. See that red circle around "Website" below? That's what we're talking about.
Most businesses link to their home page or a portfolio page. But we don't think you should be like most businesses.
Instead, take a more personal approach by creating a special landing page on your website just for Houzz visitors. Yes, meaning only those folks who click the website link on your Houzz profile will be able to access the page.
The benefits of a Houzz Welcome Page are many:
- It helps the visitor make a smoother jump from Houzz to your site.
- It welcomes the visitor and makes her or him feel special.
- It helps you recognize where they're coming from—literally.
- It allows you to remind the visitor about the geographic area you cover.
- It allows you to provide some compelling, persuasive text to convince the visitor to dig deeper into your site.
- It enables you to include a form in case the visitor is truly a hot prospect and wants to get started right away. (You could even make the page more enticing by including one of your offers. That way the person "gets" something for giving up their info.)
Sounds good, right?
Linking to your welcome page from your Houzz profile is easy peasy.
Follow these steps:
- Create your landing page on your site. (Don't forget to add the no follow/no index tag to your page so that Google doesn't index the page. Don't know how to do that? Ask your web developer or marketing people—it literally takes two seconds.)
- Once you publish the landing page, copy the URL.
- Log into your Houzz account.
- Click on "Edit Profile" (look for the button on the far right of your banner image).
- Paste the URL into the website field under the "Public Business Information" section.
- Click the bright green update button at the bottom and you're good to go. (To test it, view your public Houzz profile and click on the website link.)
A Houzz welcome page is a simple thing, but any time we can create a more personal experience for our website visitors, the better.
And, of course, if you need help creating a Houzz welcome page and adding the link to your Houzz profile, we can help. Just ask!