Is one of your marketing goals growing leads?
If yes, then you're one of many business owners in the same exact boat.
After all, the growth of any B2B business hinges on creating conversion points and generating leads. Acquiring leads equates to increased brand awareness, more interest in your offering, and more sales.Lead generation is an art form, and the strategies to increase its success take both time and practice. Luckily, we've got some of the best tricks up our sleeves and we've compiled a few of them here. The sooner you implement them, the sooner you will realize the benefits.
1. Focus on Content Marketing & SEO
A well-executed SEO and content strategy gets your brand in front of more prospects and gives you a leg up on your competitors. It also ensures that your content appears when someone searches for a problem that your company can help them solve.
Content and SEO are both long-term strategies that deliver on both quantity and quality of leads. The foundations you lay with authoritative, tailored content will help you in generating and converting leads for years to come. This strategic combination is viable regardless of your business size.
Content marketing tactics that will maximize your lead generation include:
- Creating content to meet the needs of your target audience
- Using visuals to highlight key points
- Creating a content strategy using keyword research/SEO
- Creating quality content that is relevant rather than salesy
- Using case studies to demonstrate how you’ve helped customers
- Making content for each step of the buyer’s journey - awareness, consideration, and decision
- Continuously repurposing content to pinpoint relevant leads
2. Optimize Your Landing Pages
Some of your lead generation efforts will revolve around landing pages and lead capture forms. They are where most of your prospects turn into leads.
Landing pages are the gateway for leads, so it's important to create a frictionless experience for anyone who lands there. They are often used with paid advertising campaigns, so you'll want to optimize their copy, UX, and speed to make sure you're getting your money's worth. By optimizing your landing page, you can ensure your visitors convert at the highest rate possible while lowering customer acquisition costs.
Here are what lead gen experts are doing to optimize their landing pages:
- Don’t limit yourself to just one landing page. Create multiple landing pages for each of the buyer personas you have and their considerations at different stages of the buyer’s journey.
- Make your landing pages laser-focused on one goal. Whether you want your prospects to download a white paper, join a waiting list, or join a newsletter, use all the elements on your page to direct them to a single action.
- Establish credibility and trust by leveraging social proof. Sometimes all it takes is a few logos from your partners or customers, case studies, or reviews.
- Reduce the page’s loading time. The faster your page loads, the less your bounce rate will be.
- Keep your landing page concise and uncluttered. The benefits of your offering should be stated clearly and quickly. The faster your prospects understand your brand, the faster they will move through the purchase funnel.
Want to dig in deeper? Here are 10 more techniques to consider for your landing page strategy.
3. Use Social Media Ads to Target Leads
Social media platforms are excellent for lead generation and better targeting. While PPC ads put your brand in front of people who are looking for specific terms, social media can direct your ads toward users who are determined to enjoy your products or services based on their profiles.
Social media ads are somewhat simple to create and implement. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and LinkedIn are just a few of the popular social media platforms you can use to reach out to valuable leads for your business.
According to Search Engine Watch, 71% of consumer buying decisions are influenced by social media. Whether it’s paid or organic, these platforms heavily impact what and when people buy.
How can you use social media to generate high-quality leads? Here’s what the pros do:
- Share testimonials as social proof
- Create targeted advertisements with special offers
- Set up sequential re-targeting ads
- Make use of social media sponsorships
- Organize a virtual event or a social media conference
- Start a referral program
- Automate social media lead generation with chatbots
- Share content from other platforms on social media
4. Improve Lead Generation Quality with Personalization
Personalization is a key strategy for marketers seeking to improve lead quality. When brands provide personalized experiences, 80% of customers are more likely to make a purchase.
Tailoring brand messaging to users’ interests and actions is an excellent method for guiding them down the customer funnel while providing a unique experience. Using personalization, you can ensure that your products or services are suitable for the prospect and address any pain points that may prevent them from converting.
Here are some lead gen experts’ thoughts on personalizing your lead generation campaigns:
- Personalize your website so that content is served based on the visitor. The more research you conduct on your customer base, the better you can tailor their experience to generate more quality leads.
- Implement automation to provide a truly personalized experience to your customers at each stage of the purchasing journey. You can use chatbots, email automation, or social media outreach tools.
- Ensure that your messages reach your intended recipients when they are most likely to engage. This is only possible if you collect enough data on your customers’ habits and recent interactions with your brand.
More on personalization? Read our related blog, Content Marketing: Personalizing a Prospect's Journey Down Your Funnel.
Want to Connect With PMG's Lead Gen Experts?
Understanding and implementing lead generation strategies not only boosts lead generation but improves the experience for your customers. Don’t be afraid to combine them to determine which methods work best for your brand and target audience. Added perk: the data you obtain using these strategies will also inform your company’s marketing efforts in other areas as well.
Need a little extra assistance? Precision Marketing Group specializes in lead generation strategies for B2B brands that improve conversions and maximize ROI. Check out our guide designed to help! (Tip: You don’t have to be a SaaS company to use the strategies mentioned in the guide!)